Trash & Recycling
Republic Services Customer Service, Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm:
469-443-7020 or email email@example.com
This line is answered by a live person within the DFW Metroplex.
Republic Services Call Center: 972-422-2341
This line will be answered by a call center representative.
Republic Services, beginning May 1, 2018, is the new service provider for trash and recycling within the City of Murphy. Your trash and recycling carts can be placed curbside as early as 7 p.m. the day prior to your scheduled collection day. Be sure to have the carts curbside no later than 7 a.m. the day of collection to allow Republic Services the opportunity to provide each residential location services as scheduled. Each residential location will have 1 scheduled collection day per week.
According to city ordinance, your trash/recycle carts shall be removed from the curb no later than 12 noon the day after your regular scheduled pick up.
- Gray cart is to be used for trash items. Green cart is for recycle only.
- Weekly pickups include up to 4 cubic yards of extra items out beside your cart.
- Limbs and brush are required to be bundled and tied, pieces no longer than 4 foot, and can be placed at the curb each week. Any single item must weigh less than 50 pounds.
- Paint cans containing wet paint cannot be placed in garbage cart; however, if leftover paint is allowed to dry to a completely solid form, it is then considered solid waste and may be placed in the garbage cart. Add cat litter to old paint to accelerate the drying process.
In addition to your regular weekly garbage service, you may include up to 4 cubic yards of extra items out beside your cart as long as it follows the above guidelines.
- Have your trash out by 7 a.m. on your designated collection day.
- Bag your trash to minimize the potential of the wind blowing it out of the container as it gets collected.
- Keep the lid closed and do not overfill the cart.
- Do not park cars in front of containers as this will prevent the collection of your trash and recycle materials.
- Do not place household chemicals (including grease) or electronics in your garbage or recycle cart. These items are collected twice per year at the Community Clean and Green drop off event. (more information on this event below).
- If your container needs to be repaired or replaced, please contact Customer Service or use the My Resource app provided by Republic Services.
- Make sure recyclables are clean and dry before placing in recycle cart.
- For helpful information on recycling, view the Recycling Simplified page.
What can I recycle?
- Paper, Newspaper, Envelopes, Junk Mail, Phone Books, Brochures, Magazines
- Cardboard, File Folders, Poster Board, Frozen food boxes, Milk cartons, Waxed cartons
- Water bottles, Take-out containers, Soda bottles, Bagged film plastics, "UPDATED" Plastics #1-#7
- Aluminum cans, Food cans, Scrap metal
- Colored glass, Clear glass, Jars (Glass is not recyclable in all areas that Republic Services serves, however, it is recyclable in Murphy)
Biannual Recycle Event - Community Clean & Green
This service is available to Murphy residential customers twice per year. Available service includes the collection of household hazardous and electronic waste, light bulbs, batteries, and document shredding. This event is not intended for Bulky waste disposal. Bulky waste is collected curbside, weekly, up to four cubic yards. Additionally, residents can drop off bulky waste once monthly at the CM Hinton Landfill at no additional cost. For additional information or questions, contact Customer Service at 972-468-4100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The next Clean & Green event will be held Saturday, October 10, 2020 from 9am-noon.