GYM PLAY POLICY
- Use of the Boyd Gymnasium is available for reservation to Murphy Community Center members for basketball, volleyball, badminton, and pickleball. Refer to the open gym schedule for sport priority days and call times.
- Private and organized practice is not allowed. The gym is for open play recreational use only.
- Reservations are required. Please call at 8:30am Monday-Friday and 9am on Saturday to reserve a time-slot at 972-468-4444.
Reservations can be made day-of only.
- Open gym is available to Murphy Community Center members only. Non-resident memberships or day passes can be purchased at the front desk
(cash not accepted).
- Reservation times will start and end on the hour.
Gymnasium Use, Rules & Regulations
- Only court shoes are allowed on the gym floor. Hard sole or black sole shoes are not allowed.
- Food, drinks, gum and candy are prohibited on the gym floor during open gym.
- The stage area is strictly off limits during open gym.
- Drills, reps, exercises or general instructions that reflect the image of a team and/or organized practice is prohibited in the gym during open play.
- Prohibited acts include dunking the basketball, grabbing or hanging on the rim, foul or abusive language and fighting. The severity of the misconduct may warrant removal from the facility, suspension or termination of facility use privileges.
- Review gym schedule regularly and be aware of basketball, volleyball, pickleball/ badminton days and open play times.