OPEN GYM PLAY POLICY
- Use of the Boyd Gymnasium for open play will be permitted to Murphy Community Center members for basketball, volleyball, badminton, and pickle ball.
- Pickup games will be permitted half court play only.
- Reservations are highly recommended, but not required. Please call ahead to reserve a time-slot at 972-468-4444.
Reservations can be made day-of only.
- Open gym is available to Murphy Community Center Members Only. Non-resident memberships or day passes can be purchased at the front desk
(cash not accepted).
- Reservation times will start and end on the hour.
Gymnasium Use, Rules & Regulations
- Only court shoes are allowed on the gym floor. Hard sole or black sole shoes are not allowed.
- Food, drinks, gum and candy are prohibited on the gym floor during open gym.
- The stage area is strictly off limits during open gym.
- Drills, reps, exercises or general instructions that reflect the image of a team and/or organized practice is prohibited in the gym during open play.
- Prohibited acts include dunking the basketball, grabbing or hanging on the rim, foul or abusive language and fighting. The severity of the misconduct may warrant removal from the facility, suspension or termination of facility use privileges.
- No basketball during open play volleyball (Wednesdays) and no volleyball during open play basketball (Mondays). Review gym schedule regularly and be aware of basketball, volleyball and open play times.