Fines & Options
When you receive a citation you will have 20 business days from the date of the citation to make an appearance. An appearance must be made in person or by mail – a telephone call does not constitute an appearance. There are several options available on or before the appearance date printed on the citation:
- Pay your fine online; credit card payments may be made for most cases (a 2% fee is added to all online payments). If you choose this option a plea of no contest will be entered and this violation will automatically result in a conviction that may go on your driving record.
- Pay in person by cash, check, Visa, Master Card, or money order.
- Pay by mail with check or money order to:
City of Murphy Municipal Court
206 N. Murphy Road
Murphy, Texas 75094
- Request the driver safety course option for dismissal of the ticket, if eligible (this is not an option if you have a commercial driver’s license); request must be made on or before the appearance date listed on your citation.
- Request deferred disposition option for dismissal of the ticket (this is not an option if you have a commercial driver’s license); request must be made on or before the appearance date listed on your citation.
- Request an extension or an installment plan at the court office if you are unable to pay the full amount of your fine the following conditions will apply:
- A one-time payment fee of $25 will be added to each violation when payments exceed 30 days
- Request an extension of up to 30 days to pay your fine; this request must be made by the original appearance date listed on the citation either in person, by mail or fax
- You will be required to complete a time payment application (English | Spanish)
Payment of your fine online will automatically result in a conviction that may go on your driving record.
Please allow 72 hours, plus any holiday hours for warrants to be cleared if paid online.
Notice of Alternatives to Full Payment
If your are unable to pay in full the total fine and costs due, you may be eligible for an extension, payment plan, or other payment alternatives. All payment alternatives must be approved by the Judge. Please contact the court for eligibility and instructions to request alternative payment options.