September 19, 2019
Murphy Maize Days facts, information, and schedule
When: Saturday, Sept. 28, 2019 from 10 a.m. to 9:45 p.m.
Where: Murphy Central Park, 550 North Murphy Road
Parking: Free offsite parking and shuttles at Tom Kimbrough Stadium from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Food: Wide variety of food and drink vendors and food trucks
Adult Refreshments: Garland Elks Lodge beverage tent (cash only), benefitting Texas Elks Children’s Services, Inc.
Cash: Two ATMs will be on site
Volunteers: Deadline- Sept. 24 for adults 18 and up, preteens must have adult present to volunteer
- Main Stage Headliner: The Rocket Man Show (An Elton John Tribute) starting at 8 p.m.
- Fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
- New fun kids’ carnival rides, large Kid Zone tent and preschool tent (closes at 7:30 p.m.)
- Craft and Market vendors (close at 7:30 p.m.)
- Punkin’ chunkin’ sponsored by Sam Pack Auto Group is $5 per chunk, benefiting the Murphy Chamber Scholarship Foundation (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Low cost microchipping and pet tags sold by the Murphy Animal Shelter (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- New tractor demo, every hour on the half hour (10:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.)
- Touch-a truck (10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.)
- Car Show by Mustang Sally Productions - $20 per car entry (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- Picnic baskets or coolers are permitted, but no outside alcohol allowed on festival grounds or shuttles
- Blankets and chairs encouraged for reserving amphitheater space for evening concerts and fireworks
- All three entrances located along the west side of Central Park facing the PSA parking lot
- No through traffic (vehicle or pedestrian) on Tom Clevenger or North Maxwell Creek Rd. Resident access only
- Pets allowed, on leash at all times and owner clean-up required
Top Sponsors (Thank you!)
- Methodist Hospital Richardson
- PSA Murphy- Sponsored by Coca-Cola
- Farmers Electric Cooperative
- Murphy Road Animal Hospital
- Murphy Dental and Implant Center
- F45 Training at Breckenridge Park
- Garland Elks Lodge 1984 (Beverage Tent)
- Pet Suites Murphy
- Murphy Chamber of Commerce