Billing Information, Payment Options, and Metering Information
Effective 9/01/2023 - All utility customers will be billed on the same schedule monthly. Please see below for dates.
If you have any concerns about your utility bill, please contact Customer Service at 972-468-4100. Our team will make every effort to help resolve any concerns with your utility bill and are readily available to review your billing data with you Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm, excluding holidays.
2023 CITYWIDE WATER BILLING SCHEDULE
Meter Read Date
Bills Processed No Later Than
Due Date & ACH Draft Date
Service Disconnect for Non-payment
ZONE 1 - NORTHWEST SECTOR (West of Murphy Rd. & North of FM 544)
IF ANY OF THE ABOVE DATES FALL ON A WEEKEND OR A CITY-OBSERVED HOLIDAY IT WILL BE PROCESSED THE FOLLOWING BUSINESS DAY. Reference: A8.003(a13) Appendix A Fee Schedule
ACCOUNTS ARE SUBJECT TO A 10% PENALTY IF PAYMENT IS NOT RECEIVED BY THE DUE DATE
There are many options available for making utility payments.
- Drive-up payment drop box located outside City Hall 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 206 N. Murphy Road. Payments are collected at 8am daily, Monday - Friday, excluding holidays.
- Online Access- Customers can setup a secure online account to make payments using a credit or debit card: utility account online. This feature allows customers to setup a one-time payment or an auto recurring monthly payment. All credit/debit card transactions incur additional processing fees.
- Automated phone payments- Customers can make payment using Visa, Mastercard, or bank debit card by calling 972-468-4101. All credit/debit card transactions incur additional processing fees.
- Bank Draft - Customers can request to make payment via ACH bank draft . This form may also be obtained in person at the Customer Service Department. No additional processing fee charged for this service.
- Payment options that do not incur additional processing fee are cash, check, money order and bank draft.
Water Meter Reading Information and AquaHawk Online Customer Portal
The City of Murphy meters are read using an automated meter reading infrastructure, allowing the City to see meter readings hourly. Utility customers can access this data through a free portal (AquaHawk) to view and analyze water usage 24 hours a day. AquaHawk allows customers to analyze current and historical water usage, set thresholds for water consumption and bill amount, see historical comparison data, and receive alerts that will inform you if you are exceeding your set limits or have a potential leak. If you haven't already, sign up to receive access.
Please contact the Customer Service Department for assistance or additional information about the online customer portal.