The May 2, 2020, General Election has been POSTPONED until November 3, 2020
- Now postponed until November 3, 2020
Election Packet Number 1 - (updated 2-14-20 - changed date for drawing for ballot position on page 37)
Election Packet Number 2
May 2, 2020 General Election
Primary Polling Location
Murphy Community Center
205 North Murphy Road
Murphy, Texas 75094
More information to come closer to the November 3, 2020 Election Date.
Qualifications of City Council (City Charter)
- Shall be at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of the election for which they are filing;
- Shall be a qualified voter; and
- Shall have resided within the corporate limits of the City, or recently annexed territory, for at least twelve (12) months immediately preceding Election Day.
- No candidate for elective City office may file in a single election for more than one (1) office or position as provided by this Charter.
- No employee of the City shall continue in any City employee position after filing for an elective office provided for in this Charter.
- Candidates for elective City offices shall file for office in accordance with the Texas Election Code and comply with all other City ordinances or resolutions that may be applicable.
Unless otherwise provided, the term “qualified voter” in this Charter means a qualified voter in accordance with the Texas Election Code residing in the City.
(Ordinance 10-11-861, ex. B, adopted 11/15/10; Ordinance 16-11-1026, ex. B, adopted 11/17/16)
State law references–Eligibility for public office, V.T.C.A., Election Code, sec. 141.001 et seq.; age and residence requirements for home-rule city office, V.T.C.A., Election Code, sec. 141.003.
General Election Information
- Registration Search Important 2020 Election Dates
- Voting for Disabled Voters Running for Local Office
- Absentee or by-mail voting Notice of Deadline to File for a Place on the Ballot
- Want to be an election worker?
For additional information, contact Susie Quinn, City Secretary.