GYM PLAY POLICY
- The Boyd Gymnasium is available for use at the Murphy Community Center for basketball, volleyball, badminton, and pickleball. Refer to the gym schedule for sport priority days and times.
- Private and organized practice is not allowed. The gym is for open-play recreational use only. Coach-run drills are not allowed.
- Memberships or a day pass is required to use the gym. Accepted forms of payment- Visa, MasterCard, Check. Youth-17 and younger must have an adult present to sign for the day pass and a guardian or parent to sign up for a membership.
- Youth- 12 and younger must have an adult in the building at all times to play.
- *WE NO LONGER TAKE HOUR RESERVATIONS FOR THE GYM. Please check the calendar for the specific sports day and times.
Gymnasium Use, Rules & Regulations
- Only court shoes are allowed on the gym floor. Hard sole or black sole shoes are not allowed.
- Food, drinks, gum and candy are prohibited on the gym floor during open gym.
- The stage area is strictly off limits during open gym.
- Drills, reps, exercises or general instructions that reflect the image of a team and/or organized practice is prohibited in the gym during open play.
- Prohibited acts include dunking the basketball, grabbing or hanging on the rim, foul or abusive language and fighting. The severity of the misconduct may warrant removal from the facility, suspension or termination of facility use privileges.
- Review gym schedule regularly and be aware of basketball, volleyball, pickleball/ badminton days and open play times.
Gym reservations for birthday parties, practices, etc. can only be made in person for Saturday evenings ONLY after 4pm and up to 10pm. We do not allow reservations during normal open hours. A 2-week advance notice is required to rent all rooms including the gymnasium.