Municipal Development District
The City of Murphy and the Murphy Municipal Development District (MMDD) are committed to the promotion and retention of high-quality development in all parts of the city and to an ongoing improvement in the quality of life for its citizens.
MMDD will consider providing incentives in accordance with the procedures and criteria outlined below. Nothing herein shall imply or suggest that the City of Murphy or the MMDD are under any obligation to provide any incentive to any applicant. Only fully completed applications shall be considered on a case-by-case basis. You are welcome to contact city staff prior to submitting an application.
Regulations & Requirements
All incentives provided by the MMDD must have as their underlying goal to further economic development in Murphy, particularly to enhance the sales tax base. The goals to be achieved by an accepted incentive application should be measurable and as set forth in an agreement between the city and the recipient. Recommendations for incentives will be based upon evaluation of criteria including, but not limited to, the following:
- How much direct sales tax will be generated?
- What beneficial economic impact will the project have on the community?
- What infrastructure construction will be required?
- How many jobs and what type of jobs will be brought to Murphy?
- What is the value of the Real and Business Personal Property that will be added to the tax rolls?
- How will the project contribute to the overall quality of life for Murphy residents?
For additional questions, please contact the Community & Economic Development Department at 972-468-4040.