The vision of the Murphy Police Department is to instill a sense of pride to each and every citizen within our community. We strive to serve our community with integrity and professionalism, while providing proactive, two-way interaction with the residents and businesses to enhance the safety and security for all.
“We exist to protect and serve our community!”
We, the men and women of the Murphy Police Department, base our thoughts and actions on these shared values:
- Integrity - We value candor, honesty, and ethical behavior in members of our department. We are committed to uphold our positions of trust by maintaining the highest ethical standards.
- Pride and satisfaction in our profession - We believe our work to be a source of self-satisfaction and pride. We are proud of our accomplishments as a department. Each member serves with the awareness of the heightened sense of responsibility and duty it brings and we do so with immeasurable pride in being able to be a part of this community as well as the law enforcement community.
- Professionalism - We value professionalism by having a clear sense of commitment, perspective, direction, and dedication. Professionalism is developed by creating an environment that encourages teamwork, innovation, and constant self-improvement of ourselves. A professional attitude is dedicated to quality, timeliness, and excellence in our service to the community.
- Responsibility and accountability - We will be responsible and accountable for our actions, willing to admit our mistakes, and ensure that we learn and improve upon them. We will be mindful of our behavior, both on- and off-duty, to ensure we earn the support and trust of our community.
- Service to our community - We value the opportunity to provide service in a manner which is fair, courteous, responsive, effective, and efficient. An attitude of respect for and the protection of the worth, dignity, and rights of all people are the foundations of our department.